Monday, February 1, 2016

Groundhog's Day!

Para traduzir esse texto, aperto o botao "traduzir" ao lado ------------------------->
To translate this text to any language use the "translate" button
-----------------

Brazilians, start here: https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dia_da_Marmota


Tomorrow is Lucy's day... and Groundhog's Day! What in the world is that you ask me?
Well, I had the exact same question, fifteen years ago... When I first arrived in the US, everytime I'd show my passport or driver's license "for official purposes" someone would enthusiastically say: "You are a Groundhog's day baby! "

... was my answer...

Fast forward to 2016... as I hear "Groundhog's Day", my heart is so warm and it makes me think of home (by Home I do mean this little town in PA)... My heart actually feels full with those warm fuzzy feelings and I just sigh and dream... Exaggeration? Nope. True.  I don't know why.

It's a Pennsylvania thing I guess... or maybe a birthday thing... or a romantic thing... I'm not sure! All I know is that I love Groundhog's day.
One has to watch the Movie and make a visit to the lovely town of Punxsutawney in PA in order to fully understand this! (that's right, in PA we don't say Pennsylvania, just plain: PA - Click on this link for more fun PA things ). 

So here's your Groundhog Tour:

 1. What is Groundhog's day? Peek for some info here:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=what+is+groundhog+day

2. After getting "up to speed * (click on link for full definition) " on the national coolest day of the year, watch this movie

3. Finally keep an eye on newspapers to Watch Phil on the news tomorrow. ..If the groundhog sees it's shadow there are 6 more weeks of winter...I hope so! We are due for need some snow, came on now Phil!!! #TeamPhil 


:




No comments:

Post a Comment